It is difficult to know where to start. Globally we are facing a new and challenging phenomenon and there are a lot of unknowns, for us all.
With all the advice out there on all things COVID-19, we don’t want to confuse the issue or repeat what is already out there.
Check out Mind.org and BBC (to name just two) for lots of great information including practical considerations for self isolation and guidance on how to look after your wellbeing whilst this extraordinary situation continues.
We do think it is worth mentioning that there are some things to sensibly consider whilst we face this uncertain time:
- Keep connected with people – online options provide a workable Plan B to keeping in touch. Check out our online wellbeing community too to meet new people.
- Focus on what you can control – it is easy to get carried away on the tidal wave of destruction with COVID-19. Concentrate on the immediate things you can do with your family and friends.
- Share the positive stories – so often it is easy to get hooked on the negative stuff (check out Why considering a Wellness Plan is a great plan! to find out more). We have heard some great stories, from people helping find toilet rolls and cat food for elderly, anxious customers to our Get Moving clients offering to pay for our attempts to offer online exercise options. That brought a tear to my eye.
And remember – we are all in this together and will get through this, together.
Busy lives makes looking after ourselves tough. Knowing we should be more active and eat less junk food doesn’t mean we can always do it. All sorts of stuff gets in the way.
At Eat, Move, Be Happy we understand this and recognise often a helping hand goes a long way to help you focus on what you can do to step in the right direction.
- Build your own workout from our Workout With Us online video library
- Hassle free training with our written Weekly Workout Plan
- Develop your knowledge and technique with our exercise demos and tutorials
- Stay motivated with our monthly challenges
- Understand your relationship with food with our online healthy eating course
- Podcasts to coach you through each stage
- Identify what stops you controlling your weight and change your habits to overcome these barriers
- Understand what mental health means to you and how this links to your overall health and wellbeing
- Practical ways to look after your mental health you can use every day
- Exclusive podcasts to develop confidence in using these tools and techniques
- Broaden knowledge and deepen understanding of how and why health, strength and fitness will improve your whole wellbeing
- Articles on all aspects of exercise, healthy eating and being better
- Presentations to go on a deeper dive into subjects
- Exclusive podcasts where we chat, discuss and explain all we know on the subject of living well… and sometimes a little bit more!
- Join the Eat, Move, Be Happy Facebook group and meet new people
- Ask questions, answer questions and learn from like-minded people – and have some fun along the way
What people say about Eat, Move, Be Happy...
Being able to workout at home when I have the time is brilliant. I pick what I do depending on how much time I have – and feel so much better for just doing something!Susie
I love the peer support! It is really helping me with my healthy eating and I feel like I have support on hand for me.Lyn
I didn’t know where to start getting fitter. Eat, Move, Be Happy has given me some structure and with the videos I know what to do. I also like that they have fun in the videos – it is like real life and I can relate to that.Tim
People are healthier and happier with Eat, Move, Be Happy – and more productive in life! It’s a win/win for everyone.