Probably one of the most powerful habits we can adopt, is to plan ahead. This can mean:
- Planning your meals in advance so you know if you will be away or too busy to eat well and instead you just grab a convenient junk food snack.
- Preparing your meals in advance and sticking them in the fridge, so you can still eat a good, healthy meal at short notice.
- Planning ahead your exercise for the week. So you can make sure you still get the your workouts in or you can adapt if you have a busy day.
- Noticing that you are going to a party and will probably eat/drink more on one day, so you can be good and eat/drink better on other days to make up for it.
- Deciding in advance what healthy eating habit you are going to work hard at adopting.
- Make a shopping list in advance and stick to it.
- Plan when and where you are going to do your food shopping…will you be relaxed and full of will power, or will you be rushed, stressed and at risk of giving in to temptation.
With the above in mind and with your diary for next week out, plan your food and exercise for the week ahead. Feel free to use the template below. Make sure it is realistic and practical! At the end of the week, compare your plan to what happened in reality and seeing how it can be improved on the following week.
You can either:
- Download and print it out for free.
- Use a diary or journal from a shop to fill it in there.