The monthly challenge gives you a specific goal or target to aim at over a month. Over this 4 weeks, you can set a benchmark, work hard and see real improvement at the end.
How will this challenge help you?
This one will improve your balance and the stability in your ankles, knees and hips.
A blank wall, a ball and a stopwatch (you can use the one on your phone).
This is a daily accumulation. Meaning, over the course of each day, you will accumulate a time of exercise.
- Get your ball and stopwatch and stand 4-6 feet away from a blank wall.
- Start your stop watch.
- Balance on your right leg and bounce and catch the ball off the wall.
- Start by bouncing it straight back at yourself. Progress by bouncing it back at various random angles.
- Keep your balance! Don’t fall over! This is the most important instruction!
- Your goal is to clock up 3 minutes worth of balancing on each leg.
You may start off by doing something like 6×30 seconds on each leg (a total of 3 minutes). But over the month, work towards accumulating the 3 minutes per leg in as few sets/chunks as possible. By the end of the month, see if you can hold the balance while bouncing the ball for the whole 3 minutes.
To do this, your balance will improve and all the muscles in and around your ankle, knee and hip joints will get stronger and be able to stabilise the joints better.
Don’t forget, keep us up to date with how you are getting along via the Peer Support Facebook group!
Keep up to date
Get a weekly email linking to all the latest updates from the Eat, Move, Be Happy website. You can unsubscribe anytime.
Get in touch
We really like hearing from you. So if you have any questions, comments, requests, feedback or just want to say hello, drop us a line here!