Sometimes we just need some quick, simple instructions to tell us to get in gear and move. Say hello to the Weekly Workout Plan!
Nothing fancy, just follow the instructions, do as it says and work as hard as you can. Once you have finished, feel free to crack on with the rest of your day and enjoy!
So here goes….
This is week 4 of 6 of a basic gym routine. It builds on Week 3. This week we adjust the reps and sets to push you a bit more. Dropping a set, but adding reps so you have to do a bit more work before you get a break. It is designed to:
- Get you going and maximise your time
- Progress week by week
- Improve your overall general strength
- Improve your overall general fitness.
Weekly Workout Plan
Make sure you are safe doing these workouts. We have workouts aimed at various ability levels, so if you find one too difficult to do properly, swap it to an easier one.
What is it good for?
General fitness and strength.
All the kit here should be available in any standard commercial gym.
Rowing machine 5×1 minute, gradually ramping up the intensity each minute.
Strength. Use the heaviest weight you can use with good form.
- Chest press 4×10 (x30-60 seconds rest).
- Leg press 4×10 (x30-60 seconds rest).
- Lat pull down 3×14 (x30-60 seconds rest).
- Reverse lunge 3×14 (x30-60 seconds rest).
- Front plank – accumulate x60 seconds in as few rounds as possible.
Cardio. It doesn’t matter which two cardio machines you use, as long as you work hard!
- Cardio machine of your choice 3×3 minutes (x30-60 seconds rest). Work hard for each interval.
- A different cardio machine of your choice 3×3 minutes (x30-60 seconds rest). Work hard for each interval.
Hold each of these for 2×15 seconds.
Next time, Week 3 of this ongoing progressive routine…
Keep up to date
Get a weekly email linking to all the latest updates from the Eat, Move, Be Happy website. You can unsubscribe anytime.
Get in touch
We really like hearing from you. So if you have any questions, comments, requests, feedback or just want to say hello, drop us a line here!