Sometimes we just need some quick, simple instructions to tell us to get in gear and move. Say hello to the Weekly Workout Plan!
Nothing fancy, just follow the instructions, do as it says and work as hard as you can. Once you have finished, feel free to crack on with the rest of your day and enjoy!
So here goes….
Weekly Workout Plan
Make sure you are safe doing these workouts. We have workouts aimed at various ability levels, so if you find one too difficult to do properly, swap it to an easier one.
What is it good for?
Acceleration and deceleration for field and team sports.
A park/pitch, set of cones, a stopwatch.
Another outdoor drill session for you. Especially good if you want to improve your legs ability to accelerate and decelerate.
You will need x6 cones in a straight line, each 10 strides apart from each other.
- Start/finish at the first cone.
- Start the stopwatch.
- Run as fast as you can, slightly past the first cone…
- Stop, then quickly step back behind the first cone…
- Run as fast as you can, slightly past the second cone…
- Repeat the process until you reach the last cone.
- Turn around and run as fast as you can back to the start/finish line.
- Stop the stopwatch as you pass the line.
Record your time and work towards making it as quick as possible. As you are able to accelerate and decelerate quicker/better, your time will improve.
Note: Your legs will burn….
Let’s do it!
Keep up to date
Get a weekly email linking to all the latest updates from the Eat, Move, Be Happy website. You can unsubscribe anytime.
Get in touch
We really like hearing from you. So if you have any questions, comments, requests, feedback or just want to say hello, drop us a line here!