“Going to the gym can help YOU. And we are here to help you take the first step…”
What is it?
Doing exercise in a gym can help people rehabilitate their injuries and medical conditions. These weekly sessions will allow people to:
- Get started in a gym
- Learn how to use and gain confidence with professional gym equipment
- Follow gym programmes to help you get stronger, fitter and rehabilitate injuries or medical conditions
- Exercise with supervision, support and expert advice from professional coaches
- Make going to the gym a regular, normal part of your life
Who is it for?
Aimed specifically at people living with limited mobility, including:
- Stroke survivors
- People living with neurological conditions such as MS, Parkinson’s etc
- Wheelchair users
- People with chronic medical conditions
- People needing physical rehabilitation
When and where
- Starting August 23rd, every Wednesday 12-1pm at The Leisure Centre, Keighley, Hard Ings Rd, Victoria Park View, Keighley BD21 3JN. Click here for a map.
How to join
- IMPORTANT: While supervised and advised by professional coaches, you will be exercising INDEPENDENTLY. So make sure you come with any assistants/carers you may need.
- Complete the health questionnaire in the yellow section below, before your first session only
- Reserve your place in the session using the link in the yellow section below. You will be sent a confirmation email, so if you don’t see one, check your Spam/Junk folder.
- Come in comfortable, loose clothing suitable to exercise in.
- Bring a bottle of water to drink.
- Bring a towel to leave equipment in the same state you found it.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes early
- Get stuck in with the others and enjoy!
Fully funded for 6 weeks (yes, that means you don’t pay a penny) for patients from Airedale, Craven and Wharfedale GP practices.
£5 payable on the door otherwise.
Click here if you have any questions about any of our services
1. Before your first session only, please enrol to Get Moving Exercise Classes below:
2. Please register your place for each session by clicking below:
Proud to be partnered with…
Our partnerships provide funding to support people to be healthier, feel happier and live life to the full. This support offers free and subsidised places, depending on circumstances. To find out more about specific funding awards and eligibility visit our Blog or contact us here.