Welcome to the Healthy Choices Programme! Here you will find all the resources you need to make Healthy Choices.
An introduction to the programme, where you will:
- Learn all about the Healthy Choices programme.
- Learn why diet and exercise will help with conditions such as:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Cardio vascular disease
- Learn the 3x3x3 method to help you:
- Be more active
- Exercise more
- Eat healthy meals
- Meet some of the other people on the programme.
- Meet the people running the programme.
- Ask any questions you may have.
You will get an email with all instructions in the coming days.
These weekly, face to face group sessions consist of:
- 45 minute exercise session, suitable for all levels.
- Group review of how you have done over the last week.
- Coaching you through a new, practical, powerful healthy habit.
- Group planning for the coming week.
- Support, questions and answers to help you make the Healthy Choices for the long term.
All the information we will be going over. Feel free to read through it.
Online Review, Plan and Measurements
Use the form below to review your past week, plan your coming week and record your measurements. We will get these results and can remind you, keep you accountable and provide feedback on your progress.
Homework tracking sheets
To help you through the week, we have some resources and homework you can download below.
Food diary apps
These are many ways you can keep a food diary, including apps on your phone. Click below to find out about some of the more popular ones.
We run more exercise classes in and around Skipton that you are welcome to join. Click below to find out about our other classes.
Over lockdown, we also created a series of online exercise sessions aimed specifically at people with limited mobility. You can see and join in with these sessions on the following YouTube playlist:
To remind you of the exercises we do in the sessions, click below to download the exercise cards we use:
Healthy Eating Plate
Click below to download a copy of the Healthy Eating Plate guide. Use it as a guide for your x3 balanced meals each day.
Getting support from friends/family
Click below to get a guide to walk you through the process of getting your friends/family behind your efforts.
Dealing with Relapse
Click below to download a guide to help you recover from a relapse and get back on the wagon.
Have you done the basics?
Sometimes, things don’t change at the rate people hope. In these situations, we will ask you the following questions:
- Have you covered the First Steps part of the programme and completed the tasks?
- If no, click here to cover it now.
- Have you completed your food diary for the week?
- If no, click here to download a template and start completing it.
- Have you had a conversation with your friends/family to get them supporting you?
- Have you set yourself homework for the week?
- If no, click here to set it now.
- Have your meals been balanced?
- If you are in any way unsure, click here to find out.
- Have you completed x2-3 exercise workouts in the last week?
We want to hear your honest feedback on how good/bad this programme was for you. Please let us know how we can improve it below.