We believe these statistics alone are enough to suggest we should all take some responsibility to look after our mental health. It makes sense for us personally and it makes sense for employers who want to look after their people.
Whilst most of us are aware of the health benefits of looking after our physical wellbeing (we think Move Better is essential to help you with that) We seem to pay less attention to our mental wellbeing.
What is mental health?
Mental health is defined as a state of wellbeing in which every individual realises his or her potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.World Health Organisation 2014
General awareness of mental health is on the up, which we think is great news. We can help with the steps you can take to better look after your own mental health and positively influence others in looking after theirs.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) like physical first aid, is about providing help until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis appears to have passed. Metaphorically, MHFA is about stopping the bleeding.
Think of the benefits to your organisation/community if people were better equipped to have conversations and:
- spot the early signs of a mental health issue, including early warning signs of potential crises
- offer and provide initial help
- guide the person towards appropriate treatment and other supportive sources of help.
What we offer
We offer accredited training in:
- Mental Health First Aid training – 2 day workshop
- Mental Health Awareness training – 1 day workshop
- Learning resource, supporting embedding this awareness to contribute to building a wellbeing culture – for details contact us here.